Thursday, October 28, 2010

Writing


Today I've spent the morning on busy-type work. This afternoon, I'm going to put everything aside and really dig into Detour 2 Death. This is turning out to be emotionally wrenching for me. Many of y'all know my father died in February and I find myself drawing from that experience a lot.

Book 3 in the Extreme Hauntings series is set in a hospital. David, the boy-next-door in a wheelchair, has taken a turn for the worse. Kaylee, our heroine, escapes the monsters at her reformatory and hits the road, rushing back home because she's had a premonition that David needs her. When she sneaks into the hospital, she finds her best friend, and blossoming love interest, in a coma and about to die.

The scenes where she's entered his coma-dream, where she's understanding that he's about to die if she can't intervene in some way, are really difficult for me to face. I think this is why I've had such a hard time really getting into the flow of this story. I want to stop, go back and edit, just to avoid what I know will be hard to write. So, today, that all stops. I'm going to punch through my own grief and get this part down, come heck or high water.

If you want to see what led up to this moment, find out why Kaylee was sentenced to a reformatory for girls, you can read the first two books in paperback or on your Kindle.

Wish me luck!
Jenny:)

2 comments:

Jen Wylie said...

Good luck Jenny!
I've had hard parts to write in some of my own books. You'll get it and it will be great!

Anonymous said...

And how about adding some more pictures? I don’t want to offend anyone, blog is really nice. Just as I’ve heard visitors acquire info much more effective if they see certain helpful pics.

Nency Tayfon
cell phone jammers for sale