Monday, October 25, 2010

Life as an Editor


Today I get to make "the call" for the first time. I'm excited about doing this, but I'm nervous as well--how funny is that? :) I find sitting on this side of the desk very strange. After years and years fearing what an editor or agent might think about my writing, I'm getting some great insight. Most editors or agents, if they're anything like me at all (and I imagine most are) wish they could say yes to every decently written good story that crosses their desk. This experience totally makes me respect them even more than I did, and has the added benefit of making them more accessible to me. In other words:


Editors and agents are people, too ;)


We're still open to submissions, if you write YA. You can find the details here: http://quakeme.com/submissions/


Warmly,

Jenny:)


No comments: