Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Huge Wind Storm



Last night we had a big wind storm come through and knock out all of our power. Because it's been so dark and overcast here lately, I didn't get up until almost 7:30! Yikes! I got the kids up and between breakfast, a mad hunt for socks, banging in and out of the bathroom to wash faces, brush hair and teeth, I managed to get everyone ready in about 30 minutes--a world record, I'm sure. I drove them all to school--Molly on the west side was about 20 minutes late, Matthew on the north side was on time (phew!) and Dustin in a whole 'nother town (Kellner) got there about 15 minutes late. Alls well that ends well, I suppose.

I've just got to take some time to get rid of all the goofy blinky red lights. (Even the dishwasher is flashing red lights at me.)

Today, I'm working on editing a novel for Quake and later this evening, I'm putting together more notes for tomorrow's writing marathon. Detour 2 Death is getting really exciting. I love having free reign with reality. Supernatural stuff is always great!

Here's to a nice, quiet, wind-free evening!

Warmly,
Jenny:)

No comments: