Friday, August 01, 2008

It's the Money Honey...

Okay, so I just found out about the Hogans (supposedly) divorcing today. *Gasp* Not a huge fan of the show, I've seen it often enough because my husband loves the program. My husband says it's all the wife's fault. He explained that she's been sleeping around with a kid her son's age, filed a false resraining order against hubby and is trying to leave him a pauper while she and her boytoy live high off Hulk's life's labors.

I have no clue if all he said is true or not, but I know dealing with my own marriage is enough! While we've been blessed to have already enjoyed 16 years (our "silverware" anniversary! lol!) of marriage, it's not the easiest relationship in the world to sustain. I'm sure he would agree :)

So where is this blog post going?

It's been my experience that we make conscious choices to believe what we do. I may look at my career as an author and compare it Nora Roberts or Stephen King and think that the world will never get to know my name. Or I could look at the millions of people who fail to complete even one book. Or I could choose to look at both and see that I have a ways to go, but I've already journey so very far.

Millions behind me...two ahead...a whole lot in between...

That's pretty much how I see it :) I can be proud of what I've done and still eager to do more. I think that's a pretty positive place, don't you?

I carry this little strip of paper that some machine stuffed into a fortune cookie half a world away, a little message that landed on the restaurant table in front of me at the perfect time in my life. It reads:

Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.

Pretty awesome, ain't it? Sometimes great things come in small packages, hey?

Okay, that's my musings this afternoon. I'm off to complete another chapter on the first book in my Extreme Hauntings series.

Kaylee's kicking ghostly butt and solving mysteries--when she's not totally freaked!

Warmly,
Jenny:)

No comments: